Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Blistery Cold Day


Today I actually got to act like a little kid. We got to play in snow for the first time (that I can remember). It was the greatest time I have had in a long time. We built a snowman and threw snowballs, we went sledding down a hill that if we would have fallen off we would have been floating in the air for quite a while until we hit the next piece of ground. Not good....Anyways, I was laughing and giggling from the time I got out of the car until the time we got back in. I ate the snow the whole entire time we were there. I learned something new also during this whole experience that eating to much snow DEHYDRATES you haha. Who would have ever guessed that since it is FROZEN WATER hahahahaha! Needless to say I felt a little more thirsty than usual after that. The sledding part was a blast. Matt and his dad John built a little jump at the end of the ramp to add a little fun to the mix and let me tell you, I was the only one who actually got any air. I took the jump twice and both times I thought I was going to need a chiropractor haha! I felt it in every bone of my body after that. Good times. Baby Lucy went with us on this fun trip and at first she absolutely HATED the snow. Once she finally became adapted to this different type of texture (even though she loves "Mice" her word for Ice!) she wouldn't stop playing in it. She loved sledding with Grandma and Papa. It was the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. I actually related to her a lot today in the sense that I have never experienced any of that and we were both experiencing it together for the first time. It was cool to share that with someone so small haha! At least I know one of us will remember it! Needless to say snow is AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment